I think I finally got my computer sold!

Motoxrdude

Wow tux, I have been telling you it was a scam for the longest time and you still didnt beleive me until someone else came along and told you the same exact thing.

But seriously, go around your block and ask people if you can pick up there dog poop, free of charge, and put it into a box and send it to him.

Geoff

VIP Member
Even though I suggested it, you may run into problems if it turns out the buyer is actually legit.

Motoxrdude

But how legit is "I will send you a check, and a private shipping company will pick it up; o and here is $1000, more then you asked, for your troubles"...

PohTayToez

Actually I asked $1000 for it, but he didn't really seem to care how much it was.

Hmm... that's not suspicious.

And, again, I repeat, if there is something about a private shipper involved then YOU WILL NEVER ACTUALLY HAVE TO SEND HIM THE ITEM. If the item is getting 'picked' up by the private shipper then the dude will never come. What will happen is that instead of $1000 he'll send you something like $1500 and tell you that the $500 is payment for the shipper and then the 'shipper' will get in contact with you and give you directions to wire the $500 to him and then you'll never hear of them (I say 'them', but it's really the same person) again.

tuxify

Yeah, he said the check was for $3000, because that's what he usually dealt with... Jeasus... I feel like such a dumbass now. Good thing I haven't sent the computer yet.

tuxify

Haha! Well I guess I'll try to cash the check, send him a box full of crap, and if the bank makes me pay back the cash, I lost nothing, but if not, I scammed an asshole :D

Geoff

VIP Member
The check is obviously fraudulent if he sent you a $300 check for a $1000 computer. I would just play along and say you are going to wire it and such, make him pay something out of his pocket :p

jimkonow

this is just a big thing waiting to explode, and i dont wanna see you go to jail over something stupid like this. we'd miss you at CF, just tell the guy the deal's off....use ebay, only ship within the USA (or whatever your country is).