I Think Meh Toshiba Is...Buggered.

Th3 4u5513

Ok, this comp is about..2-ish years old, its simple but its always worked a charm but over the past 2 weeks its started to **** itself.

1. The volume "wheel" on the computer (hardware) has just suddenly stopped working. Now that is not to say that the sound isnt working and i can still change the volume via the desktop/control panel/etc.

2. The [DOWN],
+
directional keys no longer fuction AT ALL. I can go [FN] + [F10] and i can use them but it is anoying when you try to write a piece of work and when ever you want to go to a line you have to press [FN].

Thanks All Who Post =]

The Computer System Is XP, Pentium and there is a sticker that says it is DESIGNED for Microsoft Windows XP

I'm not sure what model it is because my car was stolen and torched and "Luck Would Have It" that i had taken my laptop to me with work and left the case -and the paper work- with it.

Kind Regards - Liam​

Th3 4u5513

Yep i tryed it but to no avail, i mite have to face it that i need a new computer BUT it was $2,800 (AUD) so i was hopin for more than 2 years useage as its only a business/internet computer.

-Thank Liam

Advitiya Saxena

i think its a hardware problem, possible ur keyboard is at fault. i would suggest u to take it to ur manufacturer for rectification. yes i know it will cost

computerhakk

VIP Member
Old age..

There are some things that are just not fixable software-wise. I dont think any type of driver will fix that. If it was driver related, your whole keyboard keys would go out, not just those keys.

Try cleaning? Use some dust buster. If your willing, take it apart and see. Other than that, the hardware was probably on it's last thread.

PohTayToez

Well, it does sound like it MIGHT be a driver problem. Try reinstalling the drivers that have to do with the button/keyboard.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
1. The volume "wheel" - Very strange... My laptop's wheel is totally hardware, and I figure most would be the same. That sounds like a knob/soundcard/motherboard problem, but as long as it works otherwise, I wouldn't bother with it...

2. The [DOWN],
+
- What's FN - F10 do? Is that num-lock or something? There's a program called Keytweak. If anything, you can select half-learn mode and see if the keys respond when you press them... Or maybe you can go though and re-assign the keys, if somehow they changed.​

computerhakk

VIP Member
2. The [DOWN],
+
- What's FN - F10 do? Is that num-lock or something? There's a program called Keytweak. If anything, you can select half-learn mode and see if the keys respond when you press them... Or maybe you can go though and re-assign the keys, if somehow they changed.​

No, what he means is the original down, left, right key dont work. Laptops has a FN key that when pressed, can make certain keys sych as I, J, K, and L become up, left, down, right.​