I turn too fast in first person shooters

Jackson_T

hello,

When playing BF Vietnam or other FPSs my mouse seems too sensitive and when I turn the sensitivity down it only applies to the escape menu but not in game play.

When in the game it seems as though if I move my mouse 1.5" it will turn my character 1/4 of the way around. Trying to snipe someone in the head is not an easy task.

My brother has a much better video card than me (9800xt vs. mx 420) and his "motion" in the game is a lot slower would this have anything to do with it?

Please help I have tried turning down the sensitivity on my comp. too but same speed in game I nor my friends know what to do.

Thanks
Jackson

Styleprojekt

Seems like you have a biggy

Swap your mouse with one of your friends, thats the only thing i could think of. I dont think the graphics card has anything to do with it since that task is not managed by the GC....

If you get a new mouse get a laser with wire, wireless isnt that great for gaming (performance wise)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Drop the mouse sensitivity would have been my first guess
2. What are the framearates you're getting?

4W4K3

VIP Member
Jackson_T said:
I don't know how do I look that up?

Google "Fraps"

What game is it? Some games are not compatible with the new drivers that are out now. I have a game called "incoming" and no matter what it won't do anything but spin and spin my view around when i hit left/right, its uber sensitive. GTA2 also has a sensitivity problem, my guy runs like 10000MPH lol.

Tha Killa

Jackson_T said:
Ok so on ave. I get about 28 fps during gameplay.

Jackson

Btw when you use fraps, I think it can only give you a max fps of 30. I may be wrong, but from what I have seen, thats what happened.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Tha Killa said:
Btw when you use fraps, I think it can only give you a max fps of 30. I may be wrong, but from what I have seen, thats what happened.

i have seen mine post in the 900's all the way to the 1 lol. it's got a big range.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It'll post roughly the actual framerate

I am pretty sur my card just sux ass.
Quite correct ... try dropping the quality ... does it (the turning) stutter less?

i have seen mine post in the 900's all the way to the 1 lol. it's got a big range.
900? ;)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:

yah in PCMARK04, the last test with the scroolling pcmark sign, it will post like 968FPS lmao. this is of course a glitch, but it still posts. and in ingame movies, sometimes it will be like 400FPS...depending on what the movie is and how much quality it is.

Jackson_T

Quite correct ... try dropping the quality ... does it (the turning) stutter less?

The stuttering sucks but it does not bother me as much as the fact that it rotates so fast. I also plan to get another video card