I want 2-3 sub woofers. I can DIY it, but have questions.................

ADE

banned
OK, I own a 5.1 X-530, we all know what that is. Now of course they only come with 1 sub, that just wont do. I want 2, possible 3. I want to rock the room and annoy the neighbors...Revenge for all the years those kids blasted to car bass next door day and night. -laughs evilly- marry Christmas smith, merry Christmas.....any way, is 2-subs safe? And Where can I get just the sub and power???

The_Other_One

VIP Member
A speaker is a speaker. A home theater sub will work just fine on your computer. That'd be your best bet, as they typically have amps and everything built in.

heyman421

banned
i've seen 1 ohm stable plate amplifiers on the net that run up to 2400w.

all depends on how much you need, and how much you want to spend

prefab HT subwoofers rarely have adequate true subbass, they tend to be peaky, and want to take over the midbass frequencies

if you really want to hit those lows, get a plate amp, and design an enclosure

The_Other_One

VIP Member
You're kidding, right? My home theater subs cost me $100. I've seen cheaper "walmart" subs, but you still have to get an amp for most of them.

Ku-sama

banned
dude, $20 subs wont even annoy you...

look into the $200 range if you want your neighbors to even know that you have a sub, none the less annoy them

The_Other_One

VIP Member
If you want people to actually hear your subs, you want at LEAST an 8" sub. I have a 10" in my room. You probably saw my video I posted a while back about it...

Jet

VIP Member
You could get a few more sets of X-530s and chain them together :D Talk about surround sound..

ADE

banned
Well, I figure 1 sub ticks off those anywhere in my home, 2 would would make my neighbors (approximately 15 from my computer) hear a bit, 3 would probably make them tell me turn it down, so 3 140 watt subs =420 watts. Doesn't seem like a lot but when you put it on "increase bass DSB by 20" and "Hi output bass boost" even one sub in the right spot they can hear. I have it in direct air and it feels like a huge wind gust. I'm sure 3 of them on the same setting would do the trick......gees my family's going to kill me for doing this lol :p

Ku-sama

banned
your 96 and worried about your family killing you for having subwoofers?

and as for the bass thing...

I have 3000Ws going to my two 15" powered Definitive subwoofers and you can BARLY hear it outside... partly cause i'm in the basement....

instead of one sub, why not one big one?

ADE

banned
Cuz its cheaper to buy the same model subs and string them together than to buy a whole new sub. Hmm....maybe I want 4.....

Edit- you know what I say, "The older the wiser, UNLESS You have alzheimer's."
And if you dont know what I say, well then, now you know.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
You would be surprised how hard it is to really make a lot of noise :p I once had two subs like the one I have in my room now. I connected them both to my stereo. Each has it's own amp, so they weren't sharing power or anything. I honestly couldn't tell when one or both were going.

ADE

banned
...........dang, I would need like 6 of these then....I wonder if I pulled one out of a car and modified it for computers.....