i want a new NEC lcd to replace my old crt's which one?

lovely?

i found this one, i like it alot: NEC Display Solutions 70GX2 Silver 17" 4ms

is that really good? i know a guy who has that exact one, and its the best thing i have ever seen. i like the opticlear face on it, makes it look glossy without giving it glare. if there is a monitor with the same performance, but cheaper, could somebody please tell me?

jjsevdt

It seems to be well liked by the people who have submitted reviews on newegg. It's got a really good response time (4ms) so it would be good for gaming.

The contrast ration isn't bad, but it's a bit pricey for a 17" monitor and nothing to show for the price increase.

For 10 more dollars you can get this which is 19" and offers up a 2ms response while only giving 50:1 ratio from where the other one's at.

There are even widescreen monitors at the same price up to 20.1".

lovely?

yes, but i wanted top-of-the-line and my desk can onnly fit a 17" monitor lol

EDIT: and a small word to the unwise: dont overclock your x800GTO to x850xt speeds. it only works for a few minutes ;)

Last edited:

lovely?

so is that really all? i know NEC is desputably the best, but is there a better, cheaper product out there?

ChickenWing

how don't you have room on a desk?The bases are relative the same size if not only a little bigger...unless your desk has something ontop like shelves etc...infact,check out the one in my sig,its very nice...the benQ moniter that i have is kinda the same but with a 2ms response time and a 700:1 contrast with a cheaper price than what you posted and better than the viewsonic monitor posted,and its the cheapest!

Last edited:

lovely?

i do like that one but i'm afraid to get anything other than NEC because of the opti-clear thing. thats wht convinced me to choose NEC in the first place. its kind of like paint. with opti-clear, the paint is glossy, (but no glare) and the colors are extremely vivid. with flat paint (most other monitors) colors are washed out and bland.