I want to buy a new cpu from ebay

SuperLoup

hello everybody!!

So that it i need a new cpu cause mine totaly blow at the moment.. I'm looking to buy one from ebay and i would like your opinion on it since I kinda suck at computer. Oh and my computer is strictly for gaming... Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51146&item=5139450536
I'm gonna upgrade the 128mb video card for a 256 for a 45$ dollars more

*This is all in canadian money*
THX IN ADVANCE

Oh one last thing... do u guys recommand me any good monitor?? I'm looking for a 19 inch one (I don't care if it's flat or not, I just want a not too bad one that cost not too much either, no problems if it takes much space)

Last edited:

samuelhii_mei

is the MB display in the picture k8v-x?? if it is dont get that's suck!
or you can get asus k8n nvidia3! it is nearly at the same price!! this is much more better!
and i think thst stuff is too expensive!! try to built up a comp yourself!! it will be much more cheaper!

SuperLoup

I would say about 600 Us dollar(maybe a bit more but not much, I would prefer to get one for less though).. and that with a monitor and by the way what is mb display?(sorry for my stupidity..)

samuelhii_mei

MB=k8n
ram=kingmax ddr pc3500 512mbx2 184pin
HD= WD 80Gb 7200 rmp
cd rom=Samsung 12X DVD±RW, Model TS-H542A/WRBH
graphic card= asus NVIDIA® GeForce FX 5600 256mb 128bit(this is just a standard one)
processer=AMD Athlon 64 2800+, 512KB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor - OEM
THIS IS ALL ABOUT 550$US DOLLAR! IN www.newegg.com! on including the monitor and the other accesories like keyboard and mouse!
wait for the reply of Preator!he is canadian and he is a techman!he knows more about the price in canada!
mine is just a suggestion!

SuperLoup

hmm maybe I could try on building one myself.. but how hard is it? I mean i know a bit about cpu but not that much.. I would be able to fit the stuff at the right place I think.. but is it that much harder to build a cpu? anyway thx guys..

EMO-TOCROSS

Its just like building lego's ;) . Just learn what parts you need and what each do (which only takes like 5 minuites anyways) ...

Motherboard
CPU - Processor
HSF - Heat Sink Fan for processor
PSU - Power Supply for Case
Case - Gotta have a computer case right ;)
CD/DVD Drive - burn cd's play dvd's or whatever
Hard Drive - What everything gets written onto
CF - Case Fans, Keep the computer cool ;)
Video Card - The better video card the better games you can play
Mouse And Keyboard - Cant forget this ;)
SoundCard - Optional, most motherboards have one but...

Did I forget something?

Rambo

Well, I'm 14 and I'm building one for xmas.....

I learnt in about 4 days what everything does, and where most the stuff goes.....

Also, I have bought everything I need for this computer off ebay too!!

The main things you need are listed in EMO-TOCROSS's post. The sound card as he said is optional, my motherboard has 6 channel built in one..... The total of what I've bought adds up to roughly £180 (including the postage and packaging off ebay) and that is equal to $399.070 CAD. Go here: www.xe.com/ucc That is the Universal Currency Converter I used.... The stuff that I bought was:

Case - Game Bomb
Mothebroard - A7N8X-X (ideal for gaming)
Processor - AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz 266 Mhz FSB (came with heatsink and fan)
RAM - 2x 256MB DDR PC2700
Hard Drive - Maxtor 90GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache **or** 120GB 2MB Cache RPM

The other things like video cards and keyboards and mouses will come from my old computer.....

So, as you can see, it's nearly halfed the price of what you were going to pay. Obviously the one that you're looking at is a bit better than the one I have bought, but I am holding out until next year when all the good things have been changed and made better and more stuff which is coming out will have been revised and things (64-Bit for example, it's still in the stage of beta testing)......

Hope I kind of helped, and also, here is a thread I posted earlier on today, which may come in handy for you: http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=4591 It's a link to instructions on building a Gaming/PC.

See you later!