I want to hide some of my word, pdf files and also hide some websites I visit?

textbook

I have some files I would like hide, best to put in a folder on desktop and also I want to visit some websites, which I want to keep secret, what is the best way to do this?

User0one

Create a Folder in the System 32 folder with simple name like 1111. You then just need to type 1111 in the run box to open the Folder.

Install a 3rd Party Browser, and delete all the shortcuts to it. You can then launch the Browser from the Run Box. For example to launch Firefox you would Type firefox.exe.

This will keep the stuff private from clueless users.

I do this at my Dads house so when I visit, I have a Browser with all my Bookmarks, and prevents him from accidentally deleting the Bookmarks, and maybe Deleting the few files I might store in My Folder in the System 32 Folder. Then when I visit him the stuff is always there, unless Dad has totally crashed the computer since my last visit, which does happen often.

Last edited:

Samuel1941

I use "My Lockbox".
I use the free version...it's good for one folder and I put everything (folders, files, and HTML links) into it.

Not only locks, it also hides the folder (invisible).

For free, I can't find anything better!!

http://fspro.net/my-lockbox/

DanielSchmidt

There are few ways which you can do it, upload stuff to dropbox and put a password, your files are safe and secure... you can also use box dot net to upload your files and keep them safe from others... cheers...

And about hiding the websites that you visit, you should do a very simple thing. You should simply NOT visit the websites directly, find a proxy site and visit the site via that and all your dad will be able to see is your proxy site but not the real website that you visited.