i want to know if 7900 is compatible with window vista or not

Charles_Lee

7900, is it competible with window vista?
asking if it can handle directx 9, and directx 10

cause i heard the reason why you have to upgrade your video card in the future is that the video cards now don't support directx 10

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
i know that the 7800 gtx is compatible, so in my opinion that would suggest the whole of the 7 series would be too. but i read somehwere that you need about 256-megs of onboard memory if you wanna use the new interface.

krimson_king

yaMI pleHouY said:

i read an article on some of the stupid new features on it, and by the looks of it, i think microsoft is stealing some of apple's designers...you know, like a couple a day...its even more bubbly and glossy than XP. i do like the black, however.

oh...and check out windows media player 10.......iTunes anybody?....

Last edited by a moderator:

Modoman

7900gtx2.jpg

look right above the e in e-Geforce

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
7900, is it competible with window vista?
asking if it can handle directx 9, and directx 10

cause i heard the reason why you have to upgrade your video card in the future is that the video cards now don't support directx 10

Yes Compatible with Vista...No not compatible to run DX10 features.

My 6800GT will be great for windows Vista and cards much less. However for full eye candy you want at least a 256meg card. Basically if it's a semi modern DX9 card it should be great for Vista.

As for watching HD content? well that is an entirely different story.

Modoman

stishdr said:
is that your 7900, it looks so pretty :) :)
oh i only wish... btw that video card in the pic paired up with a dual core opteron @ 2.4 to score almost 7k in 3dmark06. nay, i will save myself for the 8800's