I will spend $300ish for new card. Please make suggestions

JoeSamo

With all these cards on the market I'm having trouble deciding what i really want. I currently use an 8800gts 320mb. I like NVIDIA and would like to stay that way too but feel free to suggest Radeon if you wish. Im open to any suggestions for the price range described in the title of the thread. Thank you

Discuss

Joe

smoothjk

Couple things I noticed by your sig/details:

- Are you still going to be using your Athlon CPU? If so, spending that much on a GPU is a waste. It will be bottlenecked, especially with a 20-inch monitor (not high-res).
- What kind of PSU do you have? If you're jumping from an 8800gts to any $200+ GPU, most likely, you're going to have to invest in a better PSU first.

Things to consider before taking the plunge.

JoeSamo

Couple things I noticed by your sig/details:

- Are you still going to be using your Athlon CPU? If so, spending that much on a GPU is a waste. It will be bottlenecked, especially with a 20-inch monitor (not high-res).
- What kind of PSU do you have? If you're jumping from an 8800gts to any $200+ GPU, most likely, you're going to have to invest in a better PSU first.

Things to consider before taking the plunge.

i now use a 24" monitor and im going to be building a new pc i just wanted to start with the video card and buy parts that go best with that video card in particular. probably going to take a few weeks to actually build my next rig because i want advice from people. Ive been always fasinated with the whole "bottlenecking" thing and want to make sure my system does not experiance that.

Twist86

The better question for you is what do you do gaming wise size of monitor/resoultion?

If your looking for a good upgrade PERSONALLY id buy a GTX 260...its under 200 bucks now and can max most games on the market.

Then next year pick up a DX11 GPU.

If you play on a high resolution with a 25inch + Monitor then I like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130476

Great price...lifetime warranty (even if you fry due to OC) and its a good price for the memory...should play any resolution with ease.