I would like a price range

Cadecade09

so I am 13 and want a gameing computer that will run games decently well at medium to low setting. If you could I would like a price range for something like that. :)

Darren

Staff member
You guys honestly don't understand low budgets sometimes. The kids 13, a $600 computer is better than no computer and when you have little to no income ya gotta make do. 8GB of RAM and going with a Ryzen 3 build would probably net about the same cost and perform better. My first computer was like $550 all in and it was amazing for me at that age and spring boarded me into building.

Reactions: kam

jevery

True, With AM4, he would be able to easily upgrade when his budget allows, and he'd probably never have the bad experience of buying a prebuilt.

Intel_man

VIP Member
You guys honestly don't understand low budgets sometimes. The kids 13, a $600 computer is better than no computer and when you have little to no income ya gotta make do. 8GB of RAM and going with a Ryzen 3 build would probably net about the same cost and perform better. My first computer was like $550 all in and it was amazing for me at that age and spring boarded me into building.
Ryzen 3 costs more than the Pentium right now.

Laquer Head

Bro, don't even.. he's 13..where do you think the money is coming from?

Unless he's one of the 1% of kids his age that have any flow from a part-time gig, he part of the 99% where his folks, or guardians are likely paying and he's getting quotes and help from us to drop some info on them.

I'm 36 and been through every high and low you can imagine and trust me, I get the importance of a budget but I'm also not going to recommend something that I wouldn't do myself.

Also: POST # 6000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren

Staff member
Bro, don't even.. he's 13..where do you think the money is coming from?

Unless he's one of the 1% of kids his age that have any flow from a part-time gig, he part of the 99% where his folks, or guardians are likely paying and he's getting quotes and help from us to drop some info on them.

I'm 36 and been through every high and low you can imagine and trust me, I get the importance of a budget but I'm also not going to recommend something that I wouldn't do myself.

Also: POST # 6000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was mowing yards at that age and was able to afford my computer from that. Don't get mad at me for stressing the importance of budgeting with a kid. If anything even more so when spending the parents money.

Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with that build I just spec'd. Pretty respectable if you ask me.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Id rather teach the kid the idea to save more before spending. That mentality is more geared towards avoiding impulse buying.

Darren

Staff member
Id rather teach the kid the idea to save more before spending. That mentality is more geared towards avoiding impulse buying.
That's fair, I'm more just coming from the point he asked for low to medium settings and both builds we did would be in medium to high territory on most titles.

Agreed though, the sweet spot for budgets is 800-1000ish usually but you can still get respectable performance for under 600 that isn't a waste of money.

Laquer Head

I was mowing yards at that age and was able to afford my computer from that. Don't get mad at me for stressing the importance of budgeting with a kid. If anything even more so when spending the parents money.

Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with that build I just spec'd. Pretty respectable if you ask me.

I'm not mad, but don't tell me that I don't understand things...that's all.