i7-2670QM or AMD Quad-Core A8-3530MX

barbarossa1941

Hi folks,

I am new to the forum, just registered 10 min ago. I am planing to get a laptop very very soon but, my knowledge about technical specifications is not good.
I would like to ask u which cpu should I get : AMD Quad-Core A8-3530MX Accelerated Processor (2.6GHz/1.9GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) or 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz

I do not play computer games.........the laptop will be use for Office Pro 2010, Adobe Photoshop 7, heavy web surfing, downloading and maybe a movie or two/week. Glad I found this forum. Thanks.

jonnyp11

well the i7 will be better but what are the brands, prives and all, we might be able to find you something better for about the same.

barbarossa1941

I think this is what you ask:
HP laptop dv6t quad and HP dv6-zqe. My budget is 1K and hope I can get 8 ram ,15.6" Full HD HP Anti-glare LED (1920 x 1080) and 1GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA].

barbarossa1941

Thanks for the link Jonnyp. Is that particular Asus model a good/fast laptop for my needs. Remember, no games. And, of course I can go $100.00 or $200.00 up and down.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

that one is the same other than the hdd and no gpu listed, and a 560m is well worth the 60 if you might ever use anything that requires graphics ability.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Well that laptop is very nice and will definitely do what you want, you're "save $60" statement makes me think you are trying to get the best bang for your buck, or at least, a good deal. For what you want the laptop for, I would spend more than about $600-$700. Having the extra hardware is nice, but a waste of money if you don't even use it.

barbarossa1941

Hey Troncoso,

Initially I thought the "60" less was b/c the hard drive was smaller but I was wrong. I am not sure what kind of graphics card I need to watch movies and youtube. I am still browsing "newegg". I am a little confused so need to learn a little before buying. The most confusing is this GPU/Graphics stuff.

paulcheung

Good choice for a non gamer ? Thanks.
I am looking for cooling pads now.

If You don't do game hard, maybe you don't need to get a cooling pad, my Asus run very cool as I don't do games. should wait till the laptop come and run it before order any cooling pad,
Cheers.

DaveSi677

U right, I just noticed that. Darn, I knew it was a catch. Thanks again. Oh, how about the i7 and the 8 ram? Fast enough for me ?

That will probably be even overkill for what you need!

I have an Asus i7 with 8gb of ram but I run 4 VMs at the same time and it runs fine.