I7 3820 VS I7 3770K. Which one is best for games.

claptonman

Either one would destroy any game pair with the right graphics card, but the 3770k is faster and can be overclocked much easier.

omais

look what i build. Intel® Core™ i7 3820 Processor, 16 GB [2 GB X8] DDR3-1600 Memory Module, AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB, ASUS Sabertooth X79 -- 4x SATA 6GB/s, 4x USB 3.0.... what do you think about this. and overcloking 20 percent.

jonnyp11

3820 isn't an overclocker, it can be but not well at all. There is some weird way to do it by changing the turbo settings but idk about it.

omais

3820 isn't an overclocker, it can be but not well at all. There is some weird way to do it by changing the turbo settings but idk about it.

well i dont know a lot of pc. i build one in www.ibuypower.com , and they have chip xz9 cost more. and i choose overcloaking 20 percent. they have that future to this i7 3820.

wolfeking

banned
your getting ripped off by them for it. Overclocking in that chip can only be done through the baseclock. Using base clock to overclock is unstable in Sandybridge and ivybridge.

omais

i buy the desktop. i cant change it anymore.. but the pc is not good ? i am only waiting for the delivery. i choose that because costmoremoney thinked that means is better.

jonnyp11

i buy the desktop. i cant change it anymore.. but the pc is not good ? i am only waiting for the delivery. i choose that because costmoremoney thinked that means is better.

no, it's more because it's on a different socket, it might have more cache memory or something, it's made for a workstation more than a desktop/gamer, but it will be plenty fast and own every game out for a while. Really the processor isn't the most important part though, almost any new processor will game with ease.

omais

no, it's more because it's on a different socket, it might have more cache memory or something, it's made for a workstation more than a desktop/gamer, but it will be plenty fast and own every game out for a while. Really the processor isn't the most important part though, almost any new processor will game with ease.

ah ok. and what do you think of the other specification that i put. the amd 7850 radeon 2 g. and 16 giga of ram. that is enough for games ?

jonnyp11

the 16 is way overkill, most games use 4, some newer ones will want 8. The 7850 is a monster, will serve you well. What power supply did you get?

omais

the 16 is way overkill, most games use 4, some newer ones will want 8. The 7850 is a monster, will serve you well. What power supply did you get?

700 watt, cooling system ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow),, mother board ASUS Sabertooth X79 -- 4x SATA 6GB/s, 4x USB 3.0 ... what di you think about that ?

jonnyp11

do you know the brand? if it's the generic thing that just said 700w, not a corsair/cooler master or even thermaltake, then you need to replace it when you get it, thermaltake would need replacing too (i think they have an option for them)

omais

do you know the brand? if it's the generic thing that just said 700w, not a corsair/cooler master or even thermaltake, then you need to replace it when you get it, thermaltake would need replacing too (i think they have an option for them)

it say standard..

jonnyp11

you might want to but a better one off newegg, then swap it out, really it's cheaper than upgrading to it from them, but it would still be about 100 bucks more. The one it comes with will be a cheap one that will have a risk of blowing and if that heppens it can take other parts out with it, and with how much you're paying for them i don't think you'd be happy.

spirit

Staff member
Get a TX 6750 PSU from Newegg and buy the system with a 3770K and a Radeon 7850 or 7870 (or something of the like). Then once you get the system, put in the TX 650 PSU and then overclock the heck out of that 3770K providing the PC already comes with aftermarket cooling installed.

omais

you might want to but a better one off newegg, then swap it out, really it's cheaper than upgrading to it from them, but it would still be about 100 bucks more. The one it comes with will be a cheap one that will have a risk of blowing and if that heppens it can take other parts out with it, and with how much you're paying for them i don't think you'd be happy.

ok i will do that when i recive the computer i will talk to you and you can tellme the best one to buy.