i7 Worth it?

dsolash

Not worth it at all. For today you dont need anything more that a duo core clocked at 3GHZ. For the next 5 years you probably will but now, no way.

czepluch

I can only recommend Gigabyte EX-58-EXTREME with the 920 cpu. Got my Noctua cooler yesterday, and now ive been running orthos for 20 hours at 3.8GHz. at a maximum of 48 celcius. I will try getting it to four GHz later today.

But a Core i7 system is absolut recommended by me. It kick my old C2D system hard in the ba**s ;)

cpt.obvious

I want a board that'll run triple sli at full. I see (x16 x16 x8). Although I only plan on getting 2 right now but once I get it built and up and running and play a few games. Maybe I'll get three.

Ethan3.14159

I want a board that'll run triple sli at full. I see (x16 x16 x8). Although I only plan on getting 2 right now but once I get it built and up and running and play a few games. Maybe I'll get three.

Well, your not going to find a motherboard that can run tri-sli at x16, x16, x16. You won't notice any gain unless your trying to play Crysis in 2560 x 1600. Besides, Tri-sli is beyond crap and a waste of money with only a max gain in performance of 10%. If you want to piss your money away that's your choice.

Also, the new intel chipsets like X58 will support both crossfire and sli. I think for some reason nvidia wouldn't allow sli on intel chipsets in the lga 775 boards out of paranoia or something.

zomgjerry

lol.
so whats the deal. what r u thinking about getting now?
or bettr yet.
tell what u have ordering as a final result. :]

cpt.obvious

lol Im not ordering yet. I want to make sure i have everything perfect.

Ok I AM getting GTX 260 x2. But I'm still unsure about the mobo. I do plan on getting the new i7.

cpt.obvious

Alright, I just watched a vid on the GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked. I decided to go with that. Cause after adding the memory (DDR3 6 Gig tri-channel) It's all I can really afford. I'll post my specs soon.

cpt.obvious

Alright, I just gave my rels my christmas list. heres what I put on it.

ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920

Corsair 1000 watt

GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked

OCZ Gold Gig DDR3 Tri-Channel RAM

Seagate 640 gig

Western Digital 80 gig

24'' Widescreen Monitor w/HDMI port

DVD-ROM, DVD Burner

Oh I've been a good boy. Hopefully:rolleyes:

cpt.obvious

Also, Cooler Master HAF 932 case lol

All I want for christmas is my new computer, my new computer see my new computer.

Cleric7x9

Alright, I just gave my rels my christmas list. heres what I put on it.

ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920

Corsair 1000 watt

GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked

OCZ Gold Gig DDR3 Tri-Channel RAM

Seagate 640 gig

Western Digital 80 gig

24'' Widescreen Monitor w/HDMI port

DVD-ROM, DVD Burner

Oh I've been a good boy. Hopefully:rolleyes:

damn 20 years old and you still get those kinds of gifts? im jealous