Ian's Camera Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Hey guys. Just thought I'd toss out a mention of Ian's other forum for cameras. It's running vB4.0 and is kind of a guinnea pig for him before switching CoFo to vB4.0.

Anyway, if you're interested, take a hop over to the Camera Forum and join; there aren't many members yet :)

http://www.cameraforum.com/

Troncoso

VIP Member
That's good to know. I've grown accustom to the way CF is now. If it were to change aesthetically I could never return.

mihir

VIP Member
Ian is currently testing vB4 at another property and absolutely WILL NOT install it here until he believes we're ready for it and he's comfortable with the software. I'm not familiar with any promises that have been made, not by Ian anyway. Yes, we read the feedback threads and your input is always appreciated. No, we don't always implement ideas brought forth straightaway, but during the time I've been here, we have added some features that were originally proposed by the general membership.

About VB4 This was MEP's response in one of the threads.

linkin

VIP Member
Bookmarked for future reference.

I wouldn't mind the new style if it was in CF Blue & White :D It looks much better IMO.

PS I think it's time the CF banner was updated with a new case or piece of hardware *cough* Corsair 600T SE *cough* ;)

EDIT: And I like the text font, I think it's better than the one here. Registered to mess about and see what VB4 is like :)

Last edited:

lucasbytegenius

I knew about that forum for a while, for some reason it's linked in the footer of Web Design Forum (which I am on) and not CF.

mihir

VIP Member
I knew about that forum for a while, for some reason it's linked in the footer of Web Design Forum (which I am on) and not CF.

Actually when you mentioned it in the Off-Topic Section in the thread Forum Suggestions thats where I came to know about it. :D

mihir

VIP Member
Even I thought about making a thread,but I then I thought ian would have made it by now and there might be a reason he is not making one like those who are just interested in Photography and are on computerforum might just stop coming here and start posting there.
But anyways I already posted it on G+ and now its here so it has already been advertised a bit.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Over time, we'll do more to cross promote Camera Forum here. Ian has a few ideas, but it's not much a priority for him at the moment. He's owned the domain name for some time so he figured he'd put it to use, plus it allows him the opportunity to test vB4 without first implementing it here.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
That's good to know. I've grown accustom to the way CF is now. If it were to change aesthetically I could never return.
Yeah people complain about computerforum.com style now, but I like it, its definitely much better than vb4 in nearly every respect imho. And that is the main reason I have held off upgrading.
I thought mihir was the first one to notice that, I guess he was just the first person from here to sign up, who wasnt told about it.
I don't why he didn't promote it here though :confused:

We obviously have a lot of camera people here.
I just set the site up mainly to play around with vb4, and also to get it to start appearing in google. The earlier I get a site up, the better. I call the new forum CF2 for short, this being CF1.

Tayl

VIP Member
Ian, I'm surprised you don't just make a new category on CF and add all of those sections on the camera forum to this one and make this almost like a super forum (maybe make a generic domain that points to this forum but also point cameraforum and the computerforum domains to it also).

I am a member of another forum that has an army of sections covering absolutely everything you can think of and their member count is absolutely immense. Never thought of trying the same thing here? I'm sure vB has a collapse option for members so obviously those that aren't interested in computers that have joined for the cameras can collapse and hide the computers section and vice versa.

Just a thought. I mean having ran multiple forums myself at times I found it far more traffic worthy to have them all centralised and together. Would make for a killer project if ever you were to make a front end website for such a super forum (certainly wouldn't lack content to mould it around).

Tayl.

tremmor

Now i like that idea. I have the toys but never got into the camera very seriously. I have all the attachments for a cannon S3IS like macro, telescopic lens, and wide angle lens. I want to but another learning curve that requires dedication.....again.

Yes, i like the way its set up here. And i did join at the other a few days ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.