IBM Network Problems

Mitchell

Hi there. My IBM Thinkpad T42 will not connect to the internet wirelessly. I tried adjusting every setting outside the registry with no results. It tries to connect, doen't get an ip address and gives a "limited or no connectivity" warning. I am running xp pro on it. Help!

ThatITGuy

Hi there. My IBM Thinkpad T42 will not connect to the internet wirelessly. I tried adjusting every setting outside the registry with no results. It tries to connect, doen't get an ip address and gives a "limited or no connectivity" warning. I am running xp pro on it. Help!

IBM Thinkpads & 'wireless networking' are a group of words that shouldn't be used together imho

My IBM Thinkpad never successfully connected (& yes I know what I am doing & have laptops, iPods, Wii, etc all successfully connected).

The main issue is that for security the IBM Thinkpad even running XP SP3 still only wants to use WEP (a very weak security standard) whereas all other devices are happy with WPA2.

I also believe that their builtin 'wireless networking' capabilities are (their 'card') is not that efficient.

In the end I just gave up & used cat5 until I gave the old Thinkpad away.