Ibm

capt_ka

I made a post earlier about a notebook pc. ive been looking around and found ibm all over the place. is ibm any good? can it compare to a dell?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
IBM can be good. They can also be bad. You can compare them to Dell. Whether they are better or worse is another issue entirely. So really nothing can be said until you specify the intent of the machine and possibly the price and model (as comparing entire companies leads to stupidity) ;)

Geoff

VIP Member
IBM excells best in business notebooks, they do make desktop pc's, but most people prefer IBM's Business Notebooks. If your looking for a desktop, i wouldnt go with IBM.

Did you know that IBM also got bought by a company in china? Just a random note lol

Geoff

VIP Member
Praetor said:
And servers ;) And specialty computng systems

point being, if your not going to be diong any gaming, then i would say go for the IBM. Now im not sure about this, but i believe IBM only makes laptops with integrated video, i could be wrong. If you want a nice laptop for games, you can get the HP ZV8000 or ZV6000, or the Dell XPS, although they can be pretty expensive.