Ibuypower?

If I were you, I would go to ibuypower.com and see if that model and price is available on their site. The quality of the pic in the link you posted just makes it seem a little suspicious. ^_^;;
 
I bought my first desktop from them (back before I knew how to build PC's :P) and I loved it. We bought my sister's college laptop from them also, works great. I have no complaints about the company.
 
I see nothing suspicious about it, apart from the diabolical picture.

Seems a great price, as an Ex demo product would be. Just stick it in a new case and off you go. When they say 'demo' do they mean, its been overclocked and showcased off to peopple. Or just sitting around for viewing (this theory doesn't explain scratches)


If its the oc Theory then I guess thats why its such a great price.
 
ex display means its been in either the shop window or on a shelf switched on every day for unknown time

i wouldnt be scared to buy ex display from a shop that is large and has a good customer base (means things wont be on shelf as long)

however you need to take into considerartrion that components have a life span and they have been used for an unknown time.

maybe some one in here can give you some examples of the life span of componants and you can work it out.

i
 
Just keep in mind.

Just a note in general about small brands: They install an OEM version of Windows that has a license that requires that the manufacture provide support not Microsoft. This means that MS doesn't have to help you, only Ibuypower does. This isn't a problem with big guys who have entire buildings full of people in India to help you. But in small company like this, it may just be couple guys running it out of garage. Will you get good support? If you send it in, how long before someone looks at it?

And if the business folds you'll be left up shit creek without a paddle if you need support. For instance if power supply fails and surges power through the mobo, CPU, ram, graphics card, DVD drive, and HDD and the company has gone under, there is nowhere to send it for warranty work.
 
Just a note in general about small brands: They install an OEM version of Windows that has a license that requires that the manufacture provide support not Microsoft. This means that MS doesn't have to help you, only Ibuypower does. This isn't a problem with big guys who have entire buildings full of people in India to help you. But in small company like this, it may just be couple guys running it out of garage. Will you get good support? If you send it in, how long before someone looks at it?

And if the business folds you'll be left up shit creek without a paddle if you need support. For instance if power supply fails and surges power through the mobo, CPU, ram, graphics card, DVD drive, and HDD and the company has gone under, there is nowhere to send it for warranty work.
When do you ever call Microsoft for help anyways? It's true you won't get the same support Dell or Apple will give you, but I'm sure it isn't too bad.
 
Back
Top