I'd like to build a computer to use for trading/multi monitors..any advice please?

Drenlin,

Thank you so much sir. That 140 one looks pretty good. I'll go ahead and give AMD a shot because price is one of my primary concerns. If it runs good, I don't care what name it says on it.

Will that more expensive cpu run fine on that mobo you posted?

Thank you,

Donnie
 
Quick question...

It says on that motherboard specs list that it only has one pci x16 slot..and that's the same type that the (5450)graphics cards use...

Can I plug one card into one and then what do I plug the other graphics card into?
 
"PCI Express 2.0 x16 2 (@ x16, x4)"
it actually has 2 pcie slots, so thats two graphics cards, but those slots are fairly close to each other but from what i see the 5450's are single slotters so you should be fine.
 
"PCI Express 2.0 x16 2 (@ x16, x4)"
it actually has 2 pcie slots, so thats two graphics cards, but those slots are fairly close to each other but from what i see the 5450's are single slotters so you should be fine.

thank you guys, I'm gonna give the amd a try.

Donnie
 
Nice :)

To answer your questions-

That Phenom will run fine on that motherboard. :good:

The GPU's will work with that motherboard, like rwm19 said, but make sure to put them in a fairly well ventilated case because the top one won't have a lot of open space around its heat sink.

That motherboard does technically only have one PCI-e 2.0 x16 slot, because the second one only runs at x4, but this shouldn't be a problem for a 5450. Physically, they're both x16 slots, so both cards will fit.

Fun fact- Any PCI express device should work in any PCI express slot, though using a larger device in a smaller or lower speed slot can hinder performance. The only requirement is that the device be able to physically fit into the port. You can actually cut the back out of a PCIe x1 slot and put a graphics card into it, though you'd have to use a very weak one to have no performance loss.
 
Last edited:
Right on, thank you so much guys for all of the help.

I may pop back in and ask a little more when it's time for power supply and a few other things.

Take care all,

Donnie
 
Back
Top