IDE problems, HELP!!!!!!!!!

jacman747

New Member
hi all my problem is that my computer won't boot with IDE HDD and IDE DVD-rom drive both connected it works perfectly with just the HDD and the XP cd will boot with JUST the DVD drive connected HELP!!
my mobo is an asus m2n68-am with 2 GB DDR2 and MSI 1GB 9600GT vid card and I have tried all different configs of boot device order, etc. I am totally out of Ideas also the drive are fine because they will work fine by themselves any ideas??
 
Check the jumpers on the drive. Put the hard drive to master and the cdrom to slave.
 
are you connecting them both with the same IDE cable? some IDE cables have 2 ports you can connect with. If so the bottom one may be bad. Are there other cables that you can try it with??
 
Also make sure the IDE cable is pugged into the motherboard correctly, otherwise it causes issues. The connector the furthest away from the others belongs on the motherboard.
 
thanks for all the replies but I actually figured it out just after I posted that, it was the jumpers set wrong on the drive.
 
Back
Top