Ideas for upgrading my computer?

Darren

Staff member
You could get better gaming performance from a stronger graphics card but it's probably not necessary at this point depending on your uses and games you play. The 760 is still a very good card for gaming at 1080p.

Darren

Staff member
Assuming you're just gaming you don't need more RAM. You could do SLI but I always prefer one single more powerful card.

Sounds like you're trying to spend money for the sake of spending money. That set up should play games just fine right now. If you don't already have one, get a nice 1080p monitor or a gaming mouse/keyboard.

Last edited:

C4C

Darren is more then 100% correct. That build is capable of a lot. It's best not to waste money on component upgrades, and instead upgrade your peripherals.

salvage-this

I would look at peripherals if you need to upgrade something. Better display, mouse, mechanical keyboard, mouse mat, speakers/headphones, etc...

I don't see anything that I would immediately want to change. Looks like a good build! :good:

liverton11

Thank you, guys! So I will just focus on mouse, keyboard, speakers, monitor...

Any advises on that? I have been working overtime like crazy for the last 12 months so haven't been keeping up lol

tech2

You can get the DELL XPS it's on offer and does everything. I got it and it comes with 4 year warrenty next business day repair - can't beat that!

Okedokey

Upgrade your GPU to have 3 or 4GB VRAM. 2GB VRAM is not enough for modern games even at 1080p. Also consider getting a better monitor (we can always get better monitors ;)