IE8 released

Geoff

VIP Member
Wow, that came out quick! IE6 was the latest from 2001 through 2006, then you had IE7 which was only out since October 2006.

sshaggy

I have IE8 standalone update downloaded, but it still need a few updated installed prior to its installation.

But I like its interface. I am surprised this thread came so late, as windows 7 already include two upgrades, IE 8 and Windows Media Player 12 included in it.

In my opinion IE 8 is quite good compared to other present browsers.
But personally I like Google Chrome as the best. But I use IE regularly just for 1 reason. I use my fingerprint to log on to websites and my Finger Print log on manager doesnt recognize Google Chrome.

sshaggy

I dont use firefox quite often, because as they all say, "I am just used to IE".
But i like Chrome because of its smooth interface, and I trust google.

alexyu

Wut? It doesnt support 64-bit Vista Ultimate? WTF?

edit -- i had to download it from other locales and versions...

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
I dont use firefox quite often, because as they all say, "I am just used to IE".
But i like Chrome because of its smooth interface, and I trust google.

Wow you trust google? Maybe you should read up on how Google generates revenue and lies to their customers. They aren't the worst company and there are some bad ass things about Google, but I wouldn't trust them.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Wow you trust google? Maybe you should read up on how Google generates revenue and lies to their customers. They aren't the worst company and there are some bad ass things about Google, but I wouldn't trust them.

I don't trust google either, they do some good stuff but I don't want them touching my data.

That said, I'm going to give IE8 a go, I'm using IE7 now because I can't stand firefox and IE7 was better than 6 so I'm hoping it follows the pattern :D

tlarkin

VIP Member
I don't trust google either, they do some good stuff but I don't want them touching my data.

That said, I'm going to give IE8 a go, I'm using IE7 now because I can't stand firefox and IE7 was better than 6 so I'm hoping it follows the pattern :D

IE are you freaking serious? Do you like bloat and Active X? Don't get me started on crap like Crystal reports and other giant crappy database driven active x web apps.

Firefox for the win for me still.

Geoff

VIP Member

I love most of Google's apps, but I agree with you, I don't want them storing or touching my data. Google Latitude is one with the most controversy IMO, but I don't use Gmail either as I don't want them reading my E-Mails to find what ads to display.

IE are you freaking serious? Do you like bloat and Active X? Don't get me started on crap like Crystal reports and other giant crappy database driven active x web apps.

Firefox for the win for me still.
I agree, Firefox is what I prefer. For some of the web pages that don't work I use Safari, or in the worst case I use IE.

lawson_jl

I tried it and went back to IE7 after about 30 minutes. While it's may be better in security terms I like the look and feel of IE7 better and I don't need the extra security. BTW I do have firefox isntalled and use it now and again but long live IE! Also tried Safari and Chrome and niether of them last 15 minutes on my computer.

Last edited: