If the VGA is burned, does the screen show this?

Sebouh

Not sure but i think my VGA burned because of a lightning. Now i know that VGA is needed in windows, and DOS works without it, but does the first booting screen of windows need a VGA to show the XP logo and the blue thing loading? I cant tell because my windows doesnt load too and this was before the lightning, the hard disk needed a format. I think my RAMs are gone too, and all this is because of the lighning that stuck my network card. The VGA is built in.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
DOS needs a video card to display something on the screen. Furthermore, even BIOS POST messages won't appear on the monitor without a video card...

Sebouh

If the RAM is a goner, would DOS work?And Would the pc reach the windows loading stage and hang?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
If the RAM is totally fried then the computer won't even pass BIOS POST. But it could have a small error, in case the windows booting process would freeze. You can check it with memtest.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
and all this is because of the lighning that stuck my network card
Well i recon 27,525ºC isnt too healthy for anythin within a thermally-conductive radius ;)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
memtest makes a boot disk or cd. then at boot it will show a menu where you can pick tests your ram