WIndows 10 I'm having storage issues

rastaman3

Every-time I install Arma 3 I've got problems with the amount of storage I have...

it says 43.09 GB and my friend says I'm running on HDD instead of SSD

Also , :edit: (alright apparently steam is having issues and won't show me all my mods but my guess is it's something over 200 for the Game) I'll work on giving an answer for this later

Can anyone suggest a storage issue where I can get more storage at an adorable price and solve the issue where one simple game takes up my storage since I'm only using HDD for all my computers basic tasks ??

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on how many games you have installed and the size of the HDD, they can take up most of your drive. What size drive do you currently have?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So out of that 1tb drive, how much space is actually used? Go to "This Pc" and check. Under the drive letter it will say how much free of the total amount. You'll either need a bigger drive or just add an additional storage drive like a 2tb or more.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
An SSD for storage will be expensive, your cheapest route would be a mechanical drive. Depending on what motherboard you have, you may be limited to only using a SATA SSD and not an NVME.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
According to that page, you do have an SSD the western digital SN550 1tb. You have plenty of drive space left to install that game. So I'm not sure what the problem is here? Unless you aren't giving all the information.

rastaman3

According to that page, you do have an SSD the western digital SN550 1tb. You have plenty of drive space left to install that game. So I'm not sure what the problem is here? Unless you aren't giving all the information.
strange , my friend said I had only HDD...

Yeah , I forgot it did...

I'm just having problems where it fills up surprisingly quick whenever I install Arma 3

rastaman3

strange lazka.PNGalso it says I have 51 gb for my mods
it says all my workshop mods in TOTAL are 51 gb than how is it taking up more than a hundred and more storage space in my ssd
the game itself is 43 gb , when Installed it I had 420 gb
it went down too 130 smth
mind I set multiple other games to download
so that might have been it

Darren

Staff member
Yes, as soon as you tell Steam to install a game it places reservations on the drive for the full game size, even if it's not downloaded yet. So Windows and any other program will report that space as used as soon as the download is triggered, even if the data isn't actually on there yet.

That's a lotta mods...