i'm in DESPERATE need of help!

shrap666

i don't know a lot about computers, i'll admit that.
but i am aparently infected with MASSIVE amounts of
spyware. i was wondering if anyone can give me tips
and tricks, links to free programs, or anything else that can
get rid of spyware...for free
i have found many programs that give free scans, but
now i need to get rid of the stuff, and i have no money.
any help would be very greatly appreciated!
thank you!

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
Well we can help you get rid of the spyware just follow our instructions and you'll be clean afterwards :D.

We need to see what's going on your computer, for that simply download Hijackthis:

• Download the latest version by clicking here
  • When the download is ready, double click on HJTInstall.exe to install the program
  • When you have finished the installation, run Hijackthis and save a log
  • Post your fresh log in your next response

As soon as I see the log, I will look through it and reply to you.

txjen

Are you using Internet Explorer??? If you are, try Firefox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ Its free and awesome...You have much less spyware if any because its not directly linked to Microsoft so Hackers and spyware don't see you like Internet Explorer....Besides, i love it and it has sooo many neat options and add ons....The only time i now use internet explorer is when there might be a page not compatible with firefox, which aren't many....Do the free download, and if you don't like it, just uninstall it...

codeman0013

Honestly txjen what the heck are you hoping to prove stop being a fanboy and if you had honest things that will help share them but just going from IE to firefox will not rid his system of spyware... Follow webbenji's post and then we can help you more shrap

apj101

VIP Member
Honestly txjen what the heck are you hoping to prove stop being a fanboy and if you had honest things that will help share them but just going from IE to firefox will not rid his system of spyware... Follow webbenji's post and then we can help you more shrap

txjens post was valid, firefox does tend to collect less spam. That is common knowledge, alebit he did give it the hard sell :)
be nice to the new users!

txjen

Excuse me, He asked of ANY links that might help him or limit his spyware, and firefox does limit spyware, , and do you have firefox? if not, then you don't know what your talking about...I was recommending a good browser and since i've had both, i can say my spyware has been cut in half from what i usually would get with internet explorer...He can still follow your link and check out other options to reduce his spyware as well, this was just another option for him, i didn't know your way was the absolute ONLY way...

codeman0013

Sorry apj i wasnt trying to be mean just trying to point out that just simply switching from ie to firefox will not rid his syste mas he made it seem...

P.S i have had firefox since its beginnings a long long long time ago so yea i do know what i'm talking about..

Also i never posted a link webbenji did and what he was saying was the correct first step in removing spyware... by simply switching to firefox he will not rid his system what we were trying to do was have him help us help him rid his system of spyware.

Last edited:

txjen

txjens post was valid, firefox does tend to collect less spam. That is common knowledge, alebit he did give it the hard sell :)
be nice to the new users!

Thank you, i was just trying to help by offering advice that was given to me when my computer was almost ruined by spyware, cost me $290 to get it working again...I was told about Firefox, tried it and it did limit spyware greatly, been with them ever since...

txjen

Sorry apj i wasnt trying to be mean just trying to point out that just simply switching from ie to firefox will not rid his syste mas he made it seem...

P.S i have had firefox since its beginnings a long long long time ago so yea i do know what i'm talking about..

Also i never posted a link webbenji did and what he was saying was the correct first step in removing spyware... by simply switching to firefox he will not rid his system what we were trying to do was have him help us help him rid his system of spyware.

And yes, your way will help him rid his computer of spyware, and getting firefox will also help limit FUTURE spyware..Are you the only one that can give advice on here????

apj101

VIP Member
ok lets put this to bed. Firefox represents about 15-20% of the solution. A good % if you ask me. But there are other things required such as those codeman0013 said.

PS i also think that about 20% of the solutions is being careful what sites you visit

txjen

ok lets put this to bed. Firefox represents about 15-20% of the solution. A good % if you ask me. But there are other things required such as those codeman0013 said.

PS i also think that about 20% of the solutions is being careful what sites you visit

Agreed....Great advice....

Punk

Staff member
I think he should do what I said before lol, that way we can see what's going on...

ceewi1

VIP Member
It would be best to remove the malware from his system before discussing strategies for preventing future infections.

shrap666, if you're still following this thread, please follow webbenji's advice to post a HijackThis log.

One other thing - you mention you've been downloading scanners that detect malware but charge a fee to remove it. I'd be very cautious about downloading any of these sort of scanners, as often they will infect your system, or offer false infection warnings to try to get you to purchase their product. If in doubt, check whether it's listed on SpywareWarrior's Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products List. If it is, don't use it.

We can give you further advice about what to use once we see the HijackThis log.