I'm now officially in the 4.0 club?

Intel_man

VIP Member
Muahahahahahahahaha!

At load, temps get quite high.
CPU.png

Intel_man

VIP Member
The only other choice would be liquid cooling because of the fact that other ppl with it I've seen on the eVGA forum gets those temps at 100% load.

FATALiiTYz

75 degrees isnt that bad, You should be fine as long as the temps are under 80 degrees, but obviously you don't want them running at that heat all the time.

87dtna

You guys understand that this is just core temp right? Not actual CPU temp? The actual CPU temp at that 75c core temp is probably around 50c or high 40's.
There's nothing wrong at all with those temps.

But, seems like awful high voltage for a D0 at only 4ghz. Thats more like what a C0 needs. Did you try less voltage or just put it right to 1.4? You shouldn't really need more than 1.35 for a D0 at 4ghz.

Intel_man

VIP Member
You guys understand that this is just core temp right? Not actual CPU temp? The actual CPU temp at that 75c core temp is probably around 50c or high 40's.
There's nothing wrong at all with those temps.

But, seems like awful high voltage for a D0 at only 4ghz. Thats more like what a C0 needs. Did you try less voltage or just put it right to 1.4? You shouldn't really need more than 1.35 for a D0 at 4ghz.

I just got it to 1.4 as a safety net so that I don't have to reset my CMOS.

Landrew

I overclocked a P4 a few years back to 3.99 MHz, and it worked fine for a few weeks. Then I stepped it down to 3.6 and it was OK for a few months. After that it had to stop overclocking it, and it was good at 3.0 for years after that. All this was with standard cooling and nothing special.