im wondering?

pc club guy

i have a tv tuner on my desktop and im wondering if there is anything out there that will allow me to use the tv tuner out of the case, sort of like an enclosure for hard drives. The USB kinds are to expensive.

cidViscous

that's such a specialized niche market. you're not likely to find something for that specific task, but if you're feeling brave, you could get a project enclosure from radio shack and use some standoffs or something to mount it. but then how to go from your board to the tuner card, i dunno. has anyone ever seen a pci extention cable (or something similar)?

why do you need to get it out of your 'puter anyway? maybe i'm not quite understanding what you're looking for...

--cid

pc club guy

well i just want to watch tv on my laptop. And since i have a tv tuner im my old pc, i just thought that theres gotta be something out there that would be less than and expensive good usb tuner. but if there isn't ill just go on ebay:)

Trukindave

Yes I have, There is allready a external box that connects to a cable to a card thats a PCI card itself.. I forgot the name of it.. But this box allows like 4 or 5 more PCI items plugged in the external box..