Image burn-in help!

elevatorfan7072

A couple days ago my DVD player broke so I started watching DVDs on my computer. Well since the screen doesn't turn off automatically when the DVD is over, the disc menu just sits on the same screen for hours since I sleep watching movies. I don't have cable. Anyway, when I'm on FL studio I can notice a circle on the corner of the screen, and when I get to the bottom of certain webpages, I can read "AUDIO SELECT". My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 730b and I DO NOT WANT IT RUINED!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Once an imaged is burned into your screen, there is nothing you can do. You need to set your monitor to turn off after so long of inactivity.

G80FTW

Once an imaged is burned into your screen, there is nothing you can do. You need to set your monitor to turn off after so long of inactivity.

Thats not true.

With LCDs anyway, burn ins can be easily reversed. Iv had numerous things burnt into my Vizio because I too fall asleep with it on. One time I had almost the entire screen burned in with an image, and 18 hours of static fixed it good as new.

Im pretty sure the only thing that cant be fixed is dead pixels, but dead pixels wouldnt make up an image I wouldnt think they would just be black. Stuck pixels on the other hand, should be able to be reversed to their normal operation.

Just try leaving it on with static for 2 days or so.

In fact, Im pretty sure I had made a thread about it here and this is where someone told me to do the static thing.

Now, I suppose if the image is so burnt into the screen that you cannot see anything BUT that image, that might not be reversible.

Last edited: