Image Hosting or web site server ?

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by corvette93, Sep 9, 2019 at 12:41 AM.

1. corvette93

corvette93 New Member

Hi i have a extra older PC can i use it for Image Hosting or web site server if i leave it on 24/7? any help i would be great full

2. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Theoretically yeah but with the huge amount of image hosting sites out there it seems kind of pointless to do so.

3. corvette93

corvette93 New Member

i use it for hosing on eBay i use too use photo-bucket till they started to charge and went to use.com now there stopped how would i set this up? i would like my own control of my files and maybe website later

4. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Pretty sure you can upload directly to Ebay, I can't recall uploading pictures elsewhere like photobucket, just directly into the posting.

5. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

The electricity cost on that would be higher than just buying hosting.

Godaddy has web hosting for like a dollar a month if you get 12 months (Code CJCNI1HOS). There's some super cheap ones on lowendbox.com as well where you can roll like $0.50/year hosting, although the providers are smaller and may be more unreliable.

I think eBay gives you like 8 photos free per listing or something similar as well.