image problems

hope i have chosen the right section to post this.

I have used an Olympus digital camera to take some photos for work and they show up fine on the camera but when i try to view them in windows i get errors saying they cant be viewed of they are the wrong format. They are not large images but they are a high resolution. some of the photos on the memory card do work but many do not. I have noticed that the ones that do work have dimensions in their descriptions and properties but all the non-working images do not. does anyone know why this issue is happening and how i can fix it.
cheers in advance

Life

banned
hope i have chosen the right section to post this.

I have used an Olympus digital camera to take some photos for work and they show up fine on the camera but when i try to view them in windows i get errors saying they cant be viewed of they are the wrong format. They are not large images but they are a high resolution. some of the photos on the memory card do work but many do not. I have noticed that the ones that do work have dimensions in their descriptions and properties but all the non-working images do not. does anyone know why this issue is happening and how i can fix it.
cheers in advance

First off, please hold your mouse over the file, and it will say what file type it is (JPG,JPEG,SDM,MP4.etc..) and then reply to this thead. :)

Life

banned
windows 7

Ok then. On the image, right click. A little tab with options should pop up. Somewhere in the middle is an option that says open with. Hold your mouse over that another option should pop up which should say" choose default program". Now a new window will open. Win 7 always comes with "windows photo viewer" which views JPEG's. If you don't have that, then go online and download it. This should fix al your problems. If not, let me know.

photo view doesnt open them either des paint or photoshop. there seems to be a problem with the files once they come off the memory card

Life

banned
photo view doesnt open them either des paint or photoshop. there seems to be a problem with the files once they come off the memory card

It has to be windows photo viewer. But either way, try opening them from your camera. O, if you like, I have a converter, if you want you can send me the file< and I'll make it so you can open em. Would you like to do that?