Image viewer

Dimitri

I have a problem that when I go through the images on my computer (and I use the default windows XP image viewer) the viewer shows the images in their resolution and with no zoom, so if the resolution is small it shows me a tiny image I can't see.

Is there a way, preferably with the default win xp viewer, if not possible then with some other program, to make it so that the image is displayed, by default, with the maximum zoom up to the point that the image fits into the screen and doesn't get clipped?

Agent Smith

Been awhile since I used XP, but I think you should be able to use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out and there should be + and a - zoom buttons.

Dimitri

Been awhile since I used XP, but I think you should be able to use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out and there should be + and a - zoom buttons.

Oh, I know, but what I mean is I'd like to be able to somehow have that windows XP image viewer (or some alternative image viewer) to display the image zoomed by default (zoom as much as possible without clipping).

The reason is that I have a very large number of images and I like to look through them by using the left and right keys on the keyboard, and its a real hassle if I have to zoom in for every single image.

Samuel1941

I've never liked the Windows viewers.
In the past, I have used a couple of viewers I paid for, but the best and the one I use now is the free viewer, Irfanview.

Free and easy download and does everything I need.

http://www.irfanview.com/

You can try it and if it doesn't do what you want, just delete it.