imaging software

Hey guys what computer imaging software do you recommend to save a image of my computer just in case it crashes? what do you guys use? also needs to be 100% free. I look forward to hearing from you thanks.

_Pete_

None. I save all my personal files into appropriate folders that are easy to get at, usually called "My Documents" "My Pictures" "My Music" "Desktop" etc etc. Then I do a full reinstall every six months. Having said that I don't play games and I do not store my emails on my computer and I use NAS.

strollin

I'd recommend Macrium before Clonezilla for you only because Macrium is more user-friendly for someone not familiar with imaging software.

_Kyle_

I personally don't use imaging software, but looking through the internet Macrium seems to be a popular and well rated option.

Agent Smith

Could have sworn you already asked this question.

I've used AOMEI Backupter. I used it to clone and clone back a netbook and my laptop. I also use it to periodically clone to an external HDD of my desktop.

NegativeZero

Generally speaking there are lots of cloud servers that allow storage of any type of file for you. Of course, you may thinking, how safe my data is. Well, that's up to the company who has clouding services. Image hosts are , at least from my experience , not reliable because they can shut down over night, as happened before.