Important documents

MorganLarson

Lost important documents. I often work on different calculations in Office 2016. But after a serious system crash I was unable to open some of the files that I need for the next report. Error: PowerPoint can not open the type of file represented by all8.ppt. Without these documents, I will have problems.
How to solve this problem?

I realize this isn't much of a consolation to you at this point. But, hopefully, it may protect you in the future, @MorganLarson.

I don't know how sensitive your documents are. But, while working on similar files that I cannot afford to lose, I save them to a sub-folder in one my cloud accounts - Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or MEGA. They automatically sync with the cloud. After completing my work on the files, I send them where they need to go. Then, I delete the cloud copy. No worries, regarding computer failures.

_Pete_

I realize this isn't much of a consolation to you at this point. But, hopefully, it may protect you in the future, @MorganLarson.

I don't know how sensitive your documents are. But, while working on similar files that I cannot afford to lose, I save them to a sub-folder in one my cloud accounts - Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or MEGA. They automatically sync with the cloud. After completing my work on the files, I send them where they need to go. Then, I delete the cloud copy. No worries, regarding computer failures.

I also realise that this is not a lot of consolation to you as well but what he is trying to say (badly?) is that you should have backed your files up.

I also realise that this is not a lot of consolation to you as well but what he is trying to say (badly?) is that you should have backed your files up.
No, I wasn't. I am pretty certain Morgan was well aware of that, prior to making the post.