Importing the address book to a printer

Serialcek

Hello to everyone!

I have a lame question but I cannot find an answer anywhere.

As I understand good, something like that happened (names are not real):

A person named "Bob" asked the IT manager to add him on the "list" because he wants to use a printer which is connected to the network.
The IT manager add him on the address book and imported the address book on the printer. In the address book were 2 fields with name.surname and [email protected].

I don't understand how is this working. The printer doesn't have the login menu for using it.

Does the printer printing file which are in the inbox of [email protected] and use name.surname as ID or just checking
or what?

Can someone explain me how is this working?

Thx

zombine210

not sure, but the printer could be managed through a print server, which would hold account information for users authorized to use it. the IT manager would simply grant bob's account access the printer.

Serialcek

Yes this is the same that I thought, but the IT manager told that this is not for login in to use a printer...
Buu maybe he doesn't understood my question or I didn't asked the right question..
I don't see any other reason..

Or maybe when "Bob" turns on his computer which is actually on the same network as a printer the printer recognize his PC from the address book and grant him to use the printer?

Last edited: