In need of a comparable Laptop

deathadder1983

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a new laptop, preferably something in the $300-$500 range, listed below are my current laptop stats, I love this laptop other than that the hinges are about to completely snap off. I mostly use this laptop for surfing the internet, watching streams, but it's powerful enough to run GameCube games, I really love the speed of it, can somebody please give me a couple of options to look at, thanks.

Model: HP Laptop 17-by0xxx

CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(™) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Speed: 2712 Mhz
4 logical processors
2 physical processors

Video Card:
Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Memory:
RAM: 8071 Mb

deathadder1983

Holy yikes-o-la lol, this was worth making an account over. I guess I'm just going to look for something with that i5 number on it? Welp, cya!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Anything ryzen or intel roughly about 2.5 ghz quad core with an ssd drive and 8gb ram. Simple enough just pick your brand.

beers

Staff member
Holy yikes-o-la lol, this was worth making an account over. I guess I'm just going to look for something with that i5 number on it? Welp, cya!
Clearly maximum effort was exhibited creating an account :rolleyes:

Pretty much anything on the market sans sub $300 laptops will be comparatively faster, but as your only technical comprehension is 'i5' then buy whatever thing you feel is compelling.