In need of a SEXY looking case...

Turkishmoose

*first time user*

As my signature also indicates, I am building a new computer from scratch. I got a nice mobo, regular video card, amazing soundcard and decent RAM and HD. The only thing left to do now is to get a SEXY looking case.

What do i mean by SEXY??? I mean Alienware sexy, or this case called RaidMax Spirit of War: Samurai (by the way, i saw the ad in pc gamer but havent found a place to buy one....). My friend has a black alienware case, and when he turns out the lights, the case just makes the hairs on my neck stand. I want a case like that, possibly with a good PS and a few fans (not an overclocker...) and also a window on the side (i realize alienware doesnt have one, but what if it did???)

If you have an idea about a sleek black, please write back. I've checked out some of the thermaltake but the red color on the front just makes the case "unsmooth and sleek"

Plus, if you have any ideas about anything else, write....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Get the Dragon Server case, a dremel and some flat pliers (to fold the cables origami style). The origami is nice because a. it's pretty and b. it improves airflow like you couldnt imagine (if you want performance, stay away from them damn rounded cables)

Turkishmoose

Now that is a SEXY case....

I saw some pictures of it here
http://www.pcextreme.net/chieftec.php
for anyone else thats interested

But....i would love a black one, and does it have front USB or FireWire

And most importantly, i cant find a place to buy it, i'm a newegg kind of guy but searching dragon brings up nothing........

Turkishmoose

Beauty comes at cost.....just like with women.....and thats why i'm still single

The cases are great but the price is quite steep. Besides, i was looking for a case with more curves (again, like women.... :-D )

4W4K3

VIP Member
Turkishmoose said:
Besides, i was looking for a case with more curves (again, like women.... :-D )

CURVES and more BLACK curves ...i really like tha black one. they both have alo of extra features like the slide out mobo tray (very convenient) and hey disasemble very quickly. coolermaster makes high quality products.

Last edited:

PcBoss

Ok well i did say these mods really pick on me at another section ;) LOL

Whattttt...

You tryin 2 say that is not sexy! Ok if yes then i guess i better start looking for a better case! :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I AM saying that isnt sexy.

Ok well I did say these mods really pick on me at another section LOL
"These" MODs? It's just me baby :p

As for the case.... god no (not in my opinion at least). Those things remind me of "souped up Honda Civics" which people think are so badass except "this" Honda Civic is missing wheels, engine and is rusted all over ... seriously... look at the thing... ok maybe im a little rough... here's the reasoning
- It's a premade case which kids buy with their parents money and they think it's all that
- Small
- Poor ventilation capacity
- SERIOUSLY has that "honda civic" syndrome .... a premade/premodded case is just "professional" in the Mod community
- Poor expansion capacity
That's why cases like these dont get voted as Rig of the Month very often heehee (seriously it's got that "teenager 1337 haxor" look to it

But in either case, seriously -- if you're happy with the case -- that's all that matters. But if you want a case that's functional, clean and highly moddable, get a nice LianLi if you have the money but realitsically grab a nice Chenming -- they are overused -- but they are overrused for a reason. :)

Turkishmoose

PcBoss said:
Bu nasil??? :D (Hows this)

Bu cok iyi !!!! (its really good)
It comes with 420 PS and front USB, side window, and when i saw the front, i just went :eek: (a mix of fear and amazement)
But Praetor has good points about it too. It might look good, but it has that childy feeling of an alien staring at you in the face. But whatever works right?
Lets just say, if i dont find anything better, i'll buy one like this....

And i did go check out the black case with the curves. Its a very nice looking one, but it doesnt have a side window or side fans. Nothing too bad for me though, i'd rather have the outside look good and not show the inside at all. I'm just saying it would have been a nice thing to add on.

Alright, HERE's the case i really want:
http://www.fronet.com/ProductDetail.aspx?productID=950013052
BUT DID YOU SEE THE PRICE TAG ON THE THING

Think i'll pass, but a case similar, but of course cheaper would do the trick

I know its asking for much, cuz you just cant find a case that looks like a $200 case for anything less.......

please prove me wrong, i still need A case

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It comes with 420 PS
What company makes it? Please dont say Raidmax.....

I know its asking for much, cuz you just cant find a case that looks like a $200 case for anything less.......please prove me wrong, I still need A case
You can probably find a Chenming 601/602 with an Entect 400W for ~$100

darkd3vil

problem with a question like this is the definition of sexy, do you want somthing that like drops jaws at a lan party but has the worst ventalation(sp) or somthing that looks like everything else and works wonders for cooling and whatnot. So you run into a problem defining sexy. i like my case lol its not that cool acculty it just gets the job done

Turkishmoose

Sexy like drops down jaws at a lan party.....but no handle please

I'm not an overclocker but i wouldnt mind a decent cooling system. I will have a 3 Ghz P4 and 9800 Pro in there, so it should get a little heated, but a nice rear fan and a front/side fan would work alright. A blow hole sounds good too, because its the best place to put a fan to get hot air out.....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
problem with a question like this is the definition of sexy, do you want somthing that like drops jaws at a lan party but has the worst ventalation(sp) or somthing that looks like everything else and works wonders for cooling and whatnot. So you run into a problem defining sexy. I like my case lol its not that cool acculty it just gets the job done
Good point ... I think too many people go after the "initial bling-bling" and then try and worry about functionality. Id one designs/modifies their case starting with a casr that has functionality ... the end result is much more impressive

somehow, I dont think thats good
I dunno from personal experience but I'm not lookin to find out first hand either! :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i am using a generic case from new egg it is here
LOL my parents have a couple systems like that too! Silver case, pretty much same design... a pain in the arse to handle!

i dont know how to connect the front panell
Yeah I gave up with that too :

is tacky but I like it
Hell yeah..... and that's what matters! :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The 350W should be fine. You can look around smaller local computer stores (those cases are popular) and make a deal with the owner to upgrade to a 400W PSU if you're not comfortable with it.