In need of a SEXY looking case...

Turkishmoose

Great, I'm gonnna start thinking about getting this case then, but i'll still have some time to make the purchase, i'm still open for ideas

thanks for all the help

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL teach you to speed .... you ramp the values on your core ... try to avoid ramping the values on the spedometer :p

PcBoss

Praetor said:
It's a premade case which kids buy with their parents money and they think it's all that

LOL :D Dont even go there :D

Because,,, because... its hard it say now because of what you just said... but its because eeee i used to have that case for about 6 months! :eek:

Until there was a fight in the house ending up some idiot kicking the case and smash it up :mad:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Because,,, because... its hard it say now because of what you just said... but its because eeee I used to have that case for about 6 months!
LOL I've got NO problem with people genuinely wanting that case for whatever reason although I may dissagree with them. I just dont like it when people play into the "bling-bling" effect -- just for that -- not becuse they have a nice system or anything -- just because it "looks nice" (regardless of their taste).

Same goes for the cases I reccomend, the Chenming601/602s -- although I reccomend them I hate the way most people buy them -- not for their performance/functionality/good-deal but because "everyone else is doing it" LOL

yeah I did learn a lesson praetor
Exactly, no speeding! :p And if you do get spotted -- dont get caught :p

Turkishmoose

Ok here's my final question, is there a chenming 601 or 602 (the ones with the closable fronts and lockable) that has a side window, a fan on the side and a fan on top??? I think i saw one in a magazine but i'm not sure

The side window is the key factor here

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah you can get the Chenmings both with windows and without them. If you're goin for the "window" make sure the insides are "clean" heehee. :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
just an idea...but if you get a case like THIS you can have a window in the front. the bay covers are 3 layers...first layer is acrylic and it is mounted a very thin aluminum sheet which is then mounted to a plastic tray that keeps it all in place. i took off the plastic and aluminum and its just a clear plastic bay cover...but how to make it stay in place without the plastic clip in the back. i used orthodontist rubber bands (the clear really small ones) and wrapped it from the front screw to the back screw. do this for both sides and it acts as an invisible clip that keeps it in place. its a very easy window mod (if you want to call it a mod) and it gives you an extra window...try it out...it looks pretty good.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
LOL yes much better than some other ones ive seen :D

eek my sisters bf took a hack saw and a dremel when he was installing his water cooling. he bored holes everywhere...not sannding them, not cleaning them up...its like knives sticking out of his case. but hes a real junkie. if his pump fails he just drains it, takes it out, and smashes it against the desk till it starts turning lol. i can barely stand to watch...im so timid with my computer lmao.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL im with ya .. maybe not so timid with my dremel but i tend to go back and clean it up until it's sleek, pretty and sexy.

darkd3vil

i am scared to do any modifying to my computer even though i killed the back pci slot area whoops som1 said by punch out i thought it ment take the whole thing out :(

4W4K3

VIP Member
darkd3vil said:
i am scared to do any modifying to my computer even though i killed the back pci slot area whoops som1 said by punch out i thought it ment take the whole thing out :(

lol u must get alot of airflow then! dust too though. the worst thing i did to my case is the flap that snaps open and closed to cover the front USB's...i accidentally snapped it right off so it looks kinda ugly...o well.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL what case do you have? Mine is all about 5.25" bays .... 8 of them, so i can prolly get away with that

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
LOL what case do you have? Mine is all about 5.25" bays .... 8 of them, so i can prolly get away with that

THIS is the case i have. minues the bubble lights....i hate bubble lights. same colors and all...just no bubbles lol. its pretty cheap but easy to mod.