In need of help...please?

Katdaspoon

hello....I currently own a Compaq Presario 700 and im looking to buy an Apple Ipod 40GB or something similar, however it has information regarding a Firewire cable/card that i supposedly need. The problem is that i dont know what they are or whether i need ot purchase extra cables/card to make the MP3 player i buy work. I have been browsing computer sites and have seen 6pin and 4pin alternatives to a firewire cable and dont know which will fit my computer, and if i need a card in which to put these cables before i even start.....
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me by maybe just guiding me in the right direction!
many regards
Kat

kharmini91

Actually, you can purchase a USB link for your iPod at your local Apple supplier, or of course on the web. I actually have a Mac G5 w/firewire ports and an iPod 40 gig, but my dog chewed the wire in half. Therefore I had to buy a new one and it came with two wires (either-or) Firewire or USB.

Last edited:

kharmini91

I didn't really answer your other question, did I? FireWire is like a high-speed usb cable. Different shaped ports, mostly on Macs.

Katdaspoon

Thanks very much guys....so you recon id either be best off to buy a cable with usb on one end and link to ipod on other.....or buy the card which i can fit into pci slot on laptop? this is good! thanks again
kat