In your opinion, who makes the best quality fan?

The VCR King

So both the 120mm fans on the front of my case burned up bearings (likely because I seldom dust my PC, but they're also 7 years old now and run almost 24/7) and quit working and need replaced.

I figured if two fans bit the dust (hehehe dust) within 3 days of each other, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to replace all the fans in my case?

I really like the AeroCool shark fan. I have a 140mm AeroCool shark as the side fan as a matter of fact. Should I replace the dying fans and other ones with Sharks too?

Intel_man

VIP Member
Anything Noctua really... You can't go wrong with Noctua fans. Unless you're part of the "form over function" crowd.

The VCR King

Anything Noctua really... You can't go wrong with Noctua fans. Unless you're part of the "form over function" crowd.
I've also heard really good things about Noctua but their fans are so fricking expensive.

I'm with Noctua fans like I am Intel processors. They might be REALLY nice, but the price kinda turns me away.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Well your question (from the title) was asking who makes the best fans...

Besides, some Noctua fans are IP67 rated. So if you are really lazy and don't clean them out frequently, you should be better off in the long term vs other fans. Those fans are very expensive though.

I don't own any Noctua fans because... well yea they're expensive and I just run with the fans that came with the case.

beers

Staff member
If you can control pwm fans the cooler Master jetflo ones are pretty swanky. Just would be annoyingly loud 24/7 with even one at full speed.

You might as well just get whatever cheap MC blue LED ones and not worry about it though.

The VCR King

If you can control pwm fans the cooler Master jetflo ones are pretty swanky. Just would be annoyingly loud 24/7 with even one at full speed.

You might as well just get whatever cheap MC blue LED ones and not worry about it though.
I do have the ability to PWM all my case fans. The front radiator, the top fans, side, and rear are all connected to PWM pins on my motherboard.

Redneck pro-tip...
When it gets really cold outside my computer room gets really cold because the furnace doesn't put much heat upstairs, so I'll turn off PWM and actually disable and turn off all the fans and let my PC heat up the room lol.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Coolermaster is not kidding when they called that thing a jet. Those fans will physically relocate your house next to an airport.

Redneck pro-tip...
When it gets really cold outside my computer room gets really cold because the furnace doesn't put much heat upstairs, so I'll turn off PWM and actually disable and turn off all the fans and let my PC heat up the room lol.
Just because you turned off your case fans, it won't suddenly make your components generate more heat.

aldan

me too.lol.i go to staples and buy the 5.00 specials.both of which have lasted me almost 3 years.my exhaust fan i took out of an old psu.you are running old hardware and should hardly be thinking of high end fans.aint gonna make a difference one way or another.

C4C

Noctua.. Might buy a couple if I switch cases..

Corsair AF/SP lineup hasn't done me wrong though!

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
I once spent 100 kangaroo dollars on a nice set of quiet Noctua fans, only to find that in the end they made little difference in noise levels because the single loudest component in the system was actually my graphics card with its rinky-dinky tiny fan, followed by hard drives. They really are very, very quiet, but unless you're housing a nuclear reactor inside your case or the rest of your components are *very* quiet, you probably won't notice much of a difference between them and whatever budget fans you can grab a hold of.

mistersprinkles

I have an Antec Fan that's been running for 10 years. Just a regular exhaust fan from a Sonata 3. It's been running since 2007. My fav fans though are Noctua.
I emailed Noctua once and asked why they liked the color brown so much and they said that they are commited to good environmental practices and protecting the earth so they chose brown (like dirt. It's literally the color of dirt. That was their inspiration...)

One time I had a Noctua fan that was about 6 years old and out of warranty start vibrating. I emailed noctua, told them it was out of warranty and I had no receipt and they were like w/e what's your address we'll ship you a new one. That's service.

Cisco001

I am using Arctic cooling. They are relatively cheap but quiet.

BTW, I had a 80mm cooler master fan before, they are like jet engine.

Calin

In terms with quality and performance I'd pick Noctua but I still prefer the Corsair SP/AF series with the removable rings. I just think they look the best.