inaccessible boot device

achiron

So, like it in title, I have inaccessible boot device. I have installed win10, it worked great until testerdey. Computer just stopped work and I restarted it. I have ssd, and computer always turn on after few seconds but now it loading and loading, and I just got to blue screen error that say my computer have problem, and that it will be restarted, the error is inaccessible boot device. I made bootable flash with win10 and put bios back to deafult, and then put boot priority to usb and I get to blue recovery screen. When i try to click on f8, it take me to choose option, and when I choose it take me back to recovery screen. The error I get is on photo I uploaded.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Inaccessible boot device means you have a hard drive issue. Either errors on it, or its totally shot. Do you have an existing mechanical hard drive attached to the system besides the SSD? If so, its very possible that the boot files were placed on the mechanical drive and thats why its not booting. If not, then you can assume something is up with the SSD.

achiron

I have hdd and ssd. Windows is on.ssd, and it worded fine. So I dont understand why it just got crazy. Maybe its not turned.off in the right way. So, any solution?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, in my other post, since you have an HDD as well, its very possible the boot files on there if it was attached when you installed windows. You'll need to figure out what drive is bad. What brand is the SSD and HDD?

achiron

As I said, in my other post, since you have an HDD as well, its very possible the boot files on there if it was attached when you installed windows. You'll need to figure out what drive is bad. What brand is the SSD and HDD?
Can you tell me how to see that and I will respond you

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
By physically looking at the drives. There will be a manufacturer label with part number.

achiron

By physically looking at the drives. There will be a manufacturer label with part number.
Yes, I know I can see dat. But the thing is that I cant open my computer because I will lost warranty, it has sticker on it.
I will take my computer to servis next week, cause I cant now, but I want to try to fix it before that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you can boot to the bios, it should tell you what drives it sees with model numbers. Just sounds like you need to take it in and have it looked at to be honest.

achiron

If you can boot to the bios, it should tell you what drives it sees with model numbers. Just sounds like you need to take it in and have it looked at to be honest.
I have ssd 240gb, sata3 satafirm s11.
Not sure about brand.
8gb ram, atx 500w, intel hd, i5 and asrock IIH110-24

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That isn't telling me anything. Since you aren't familiar with anything, just take it in and have it looked at would be your best bet at this point. Its hard to tell someone what to do when they aren't familiar with stuff.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Open the case and see what the brand of hdd it is. You won't void the warranty if you open it. I cant help you unless you tell me what brand it is.

achiron

Open the case and see what the brand of hdd it is. You won't void the warranty if you open it. I cant help you unless you tell me what brand it is.
Its spark ssd 256gb patriot.
And yes, I can read, By removing the protective label, you lose the right to a warranty, so dont peace

achiron

So, do you know how to get to startup settings and boot computer in safe mode.
I dont have startup setting in.my advanced mode.
Or.some.other way to boot in safe mode, like in command prompt or something.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If it's under warranty then take it in because all im doing is spinning my wheels trying to help you.

AlienMenace

Question: How old is this computer? If computer is over 2 yrs old, break sticker, warranty is over. When you installed Windows 10, was it from a dvd/cd or was it installed through the internet from Microsoft. If installed from dvd/cd, then disconnect 2nd hdd (mechanical) and reinstall windows 10 on the ssd.