Inconsistent Wireless connection/speed

cabernet

I've been using my linksys wireless router for a while now, and I've noticed times when my connection was just way low, and some days its normal if not above average. although recently its been on the really crappy low connection side, whats causing this inconsistent connection quality???

compaqman

weather -
cloudy = good
clear= not as good
but that's if your connecting outside Interference is also a factor in the equation just as Dngrsone said

Eternal Rest

I have always had problems like that with linksys routers as well. Many people do. I'd suggest netgear. Linksys has always been a bitch to deal with on the phone as well.

Vipernitrox

linksys isn't a pain in the butt it's just hard to configure.

is the speed that windows is saying slower or you see it's slower when you're downloading and stuff?

slaphappylinksys

well i don't want to argue with you but on cloudy days I can get about 5% of signal from my cousins/neighbors and their about 425ft away

Weather, distance, interference all have an effect on wireless signal
also the speed could be your computer spyware viruses and running more than one app. slow down your pc

also if you dont have your connection encrypted and secured other people could be stealing your bandwidth, and therefore decreasing your speed/ performance

and also if your using cable broadband and that sort the more of your neighbors that are using there internet the slower your internet will be because you all share a portion of the data that flows down the cable lines in your neighbor hood.