Inexpensive gaming PC

Carnau

My nephew came to visit the other day and I let him play overwatch on my PC. My PC is pretty good and I don't want to spend a fortune buying him a PC like mine. My video card cost more than I want to spend on a PC for him (that's horrible to say lol, but he is my nephew not my child) I would be willing to spend around 500$. Is there anything decent out there for that money?

Just the tower not the monitor, keyboard ect.

Thanks in advance.

C4C

I admit I'm not the best builder on a budget but here's my idea: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fmPFGf

It's an older gen i5 paired with a GTX 750Ti.

Now you could pair that with a Skylake i3 that supports HT, or an AMD machine that'll be good for budget performance, but I would like to leave this open for discussion.

You most definitely can build something for that price, but it's a lot of mixing and matching to get the combo right!

* I've used the case in that list before, and it's a great option for entry-level budget builds.

Cisco001

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($64.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($34.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Aerocool Strike-X One ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $477.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-26 07:42 EDT-0400

It will be another $85 for OS. If you want keep everything under $500, downgrade i5 to i3.

C4C

$30 for Win10 from Kinguin.net.. It's worked fine on the last 4 builds I've done so I recommend it!