infinite loop nv4_disp

heaiser

Hi, I have a new problem where windows xp crashes and tells me it was caught in an infinite loop because of the nv4_disp file (I assume this is a problem with the geforce fx5700 card Im using). The weird thing is this computer has been running fine with all of the stuff I put in it since January. This just started happening and I can't figure out why. This only thing I can think of is that it started doing it when I started using a kvm switch and now it is just random.
I read about this problem in other places but haven't found a suitable fix or explanation why it would just now start happening. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks!

heaiser

Well, the thing is... Ive been updating the video drivers every time a new one comes out. And I did so the day I posted this, still I'm getting this error and it's driving me nuts. Also, I don't know if this makes any difference but I was playing call of duty the other day and weird colors started appearing on the walls like spray paint and in the sky. Is it my video card itself or is something wrong with my software?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I don't know if this makes any difference but I was playing call of duty the other day and weird colors started appearing on the walls like spray paint and in the sky.
I suspect an overheating issue ...

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
How works the other computer plugged in the kvm switch? And how works this computer if you don't use that switch?

heaiser

The other computer works great. This one works the same with and without the kvm now... but it didnt start happening until I used the kvm. Also, I've been monitoring the temp inside my box and it stays about 40 C

EDIT: I would also like to point out this hasnt happened now for about 4 days... but I doubt it is fixed as I havent done anything.