Information from Cloning Serial ATA to Parallel ATA

2048Megabytes

After many cloning attempts with hard drives I have come to this conclusion with Norton Ghost Version 15. You can clone Parallel ATA to Serial ATA rotary hard drives with no issues. Try cloning Serial ATA to Parallel ATA and you run into problems. The hard drives I was using were a Seagate 10th generation Serial ATA drive and a Seagate 9th generation Parallel ATA drive. The operating system I was cloning was Windows XP 32-bit Service Pack 3.

I also tried cloning Windows XP to the following hard drives:

Seagate 10th generation Serial ATA to Western Digital Model WD400EB-00CPF0 Parallel ATA (made on September 12th 2003)

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 Model HD322GJ/U Serial ATA to Western Digital Model WD400EB-00CPF0 Parallel ATA (made on September 12th 2003)

All times I have tried cloning from Serial ATA to Parallel ATA I ran into problems. Whenever I have cloned Parallel ATA to Serial ATA, I have had no issues.

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

You can quote me if you want to. But I would also like other people's experiences on cloning Serial ATA to Parallel ATA hard drives. I do not think it is an issue with my motherboard or other components but it could be possible.