install and play pc game from thumb drive?

bigmac9787

I was wondering if it would be possible to install and play a PC game soley from a thumb drive and leave no trace of the game on the PC. I have a LOT of down time at work and I would like to be able to install either StarCraft or Minecraft to a thumb drive and take to work with me. I cant install anything to the work PC. I have a 16Gig thumb drive so I know its big enough to hold the games. Please help.

Aastii

VIP Member
Minecraft yes, Starcraft no.

When you run Minecraft, before logging in click options and change the directory to your thumb drive. Whether or not this still leaves the .minecraft folder in appdata, even though it isn't used, I'm not sure, I know it did still a few months back

SuperDuperMe

Starcraft 1 and broodwars works, i have both on a thumb drive. However im not sure if you can do it with the disk. I bought my copies form the blizzard store (digital).

I basically just installed the game on my hdd. then copied the entire folder over to my thumb drive. Worked for me.

Masterfulks

I put a nes and snes emulator and roms on a usb drive and used to play that at work. A cheap logitech controller and I was set.

I had 1000 or how many ever old school games to pic from with the fancy emulator saves and tweaks.

ayan

Basically, almost any old game can be made to work like this. The ones that are problematique are the ones that require constant internet connection, and god-knows-what other things. I think that starcraft should work without problems. Also, Flat Out 2 is one of the games that i'm sure it works this way. (i tried)