install windows 7 32bit or 64bit

robina_80

what version of windows 7 shall i install as the retail box consists of both ver, i cant decide, my computer can support 64bit and ive heard all the program etc are backwards compatible ie games, office etc, what you think?!

FairDoos

what version of windows 7 shall i install as the retail box consists of both ver, i cant decide, my computer can support 64bit and ive heard all the program etc are backwards compatible ie games, office etc, what you think?!

Well if you want to use your full 4GB RAM then i suggest you go for the 64-bit? Shouldnt that be common sense?

7angofragger

yeah, you wont have any problems with 64 bit and compatibility... its mainly only if you wanna see more then 3.* GB of ram

funkysnair

VIP Member
ive just checked my netgear wireless usb adapter doesnt support 64 bit

have you checked the online updates from netgear? the amount of people running 64bit now it would be silly of them not to have a driver for your dongle

go onto there site and download it to usb drive or cd then once you have installed 64bit pu the cd/usb drive in and install

Fel221

well the 64 bit is way heavier than the 32 bit, so don't forget that, what i mean is even tho, being on a 32 bit, ull be using max 3.6 g of ram if i remember it'll be faster than having the 64 bit, having a 64 bit will slow down your computer unless uve got over 8g ram

Bodaggit23

well the 64 bit is way heavier than the 32 bit, so don't forget that, what i mean is even tho, being on a 32 bit, ull be using max 3.6 g of ram if i remember it'll be faster than having the 64 bit, having a 64 bit will slow down your computer unless uve got over 8g ram

Please stop telling people this.

It's simply not true. ;)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try the X64 bit Robina,If theres x64 bit vista drivers for it then it should work on 7 x64.

Fail :cool:

G25r8cer

I have Win 7 Ultimate 32bit and 64bit installed on my pc. Switching from 32 to 64bit only gets me 500mb more of ram which, doesnt make it worth while for me. The only reason I have 64bit installed is just to mess around/test new programs and run Virtual Machines.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have Win 7 Ultimate 32bit and 64bit installed on my pc. Switching from 32 to 64bit only gets me 500mb more of ram which, doesnt make it worth while for me. The only reason I have 64bit installed is just to mess around/test new programs and run Virtual Machines.

You do know that alot of newer games and apps are now optimised for X64 versions of windows so your not only getting that 500mb of ram,theres alot more too it.