installed router having big problems

kiki769

I need help, please !
I have bought a second computer and therefore installed a router speedtouch510 and since my old PC does not allow me to open web pages giving me the message "no page to display" "action cancelled" the new PC is working fine.
The ISP AOL support has tried to help me and on a couple of occasions I was able to open web pages but after a short time again I couldn’t.
I am running zone alarm, I have windows XP, connection DSL, Modem Intel(R)537EP v9x DF PCI, I have connected the router - One cable from router to telephone socket, one ethernet cable from PC n1 to router, another ethernet cable from pc n2 to router.
I also had the following coming up:

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file
C:\windows\system32\TBPS.ini
this error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

I am also told when I tried to switch the PC off
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer . The problem seems to be caused by the following file : rdbss.sys
The driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations.
I don’t know what to do as my knowledge in computers is very very limited.
Thanks

S_Doherty

This is interesting because the error:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer . The problem seems to be caused by the following file : rdbss.sys
The driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations."

typically refers to Win2k...have you recently upgraded your machine from 2k to XP? I would also suggest running a few spyware programs to eliminate any issues as this could also be caused by malware/adware