installed ssd at last but cant get it to boot

Ryan Dobson

installed an ssd and cant get it to boot as soon as I set it to boot option 1 I just get a blancco error screen every time and have to revert back to HDD please advise???? its so frustrating :confused:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How did you install it? Did you install an OS to it? When installing the OS did you remove all other hard drives from the system? If not, the boot files could have been placed on the other drive.

Ryan Dobson

How did you install it? Did you install an OS to it? When installing the OS did you remove all other hard drives from the system? If not, the boot files could have been placed on the other drive.

I installed it after my os is on hdd I’ve tried cloning tool to clone the drives to get the files on ssd but still nothing. What will fix it then unplugging hdd and booting up with ssd?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How many drives did you have originally? If you had 2 drives originally then the boot files may be on the other drive that was removed. Your best bet would be to reinstall windows fresh to the ssd after removing any other hdd's in the system. That way all boot files will be on the ssd.