installing a scanner

Dropkickmurphys

hi, i have a fiarly old TINY scanner, but i dont have an installastion cd for it and i cant find a driver on the web, is there any way i can use it??

Talent

To quote atomic
What model? By any chance FU661E, Tiny FU621D (Primax),
He seems to know the answer as he gueesed your model. Best thing to do would be to PM him to continue this :)
regards atomic ;)

mapollo

I too have a Tiny (Primax) scanner that I have never been able to get working in Win XP. So obviously I would be interested in any solution.

atomic

i have the driver right here on my hard drive ;) ...if you have msn yahoo or aim i could send it you or even email it to you.

HelloThere

atomic said:
What model? By any chance FU661E, Tiny FU621D (Primax), FU318D or Tiny FU661E?

I have a FU661E, without the installation disk and I really need it. Would you be able to send it to me please????????

Rex Sara

Has anyone found an XP driver for the FU621D scanner?
I've been told the XrxFTPLt.exe is no good.
I would be very grateful for any help.

bluto2

banned
Try this

mapollo said:
I too have a Tiny (Primax) scanner that I have never been able to get working in Win XP. So obviously I would be interested in any solution.
Sorry but i havn't read past here yet,but my brand new HP scanner would not work with XP drivers till i said i was a 98/me in compatability mode.
You do need a twain software to capture it.

Rex Sara

Thanks elmarcorulz - actually I am trying to sort this out for a friend at a distance, and will get him to connect his scanner again and see what happens.
Thanks bluto2.
I know how to set compatibility mode for an application, but please how do you set it for a driver?
Regards

mapollo

Rex Sara said:
Has anyone found an XP driver for the FU621D scanner?
I've been told the XrxFTPLt.exe is no good.
I would be very grateful for any help.

Yes I have an XP driver that works (for me) for the FU612D scanner...Post here or PM me for details....