Installing Issues

wbt50

I had a problem with my drive and it is no longer detectable, so I assume it's dead as I have tried pretty much everything.

Main problem is, I had Delphi XE6 RAD Studio installed on that drive and I really need to use it. I am unable to uninstall it using control panel/ program uninstaller as it stops when it is unable to detect drive F:/, and I cannot install it on a different drive as the installer only gives me option to uninstall/repair etc which none work. I have tried to manually delete every file items and it still doesn't allow me a clean install. Despite me not being able to find a single file or anything.

What can I do ? I have tried third party uninstalling programs which none have been successful. Cheers for any help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the drive has failed then you won't be able to remove and reinstall the program. Why not just reinstall the program on another drive?

wbt50

If the drive has failed then you won't be able to remove and reinstall the program. Why not just reinstall the program on another drive?

I'm not trying to reinstall the program on that failed drive. The drive was just a storage drive and is no longer recognizable. But when I try to install the program on a different drive, the installation wizard only allows me to uninstall or modify the current installation. However ehen I try to uninstall it, it fails as it is not able to find thr failed drive.

wbt50

I'm really not sure what to do now, as I need to use this software tonight, I have a ton of work to be done on it.
I really don't want to have to do a clean OS install, but that's the only option I see atm. Any suggestions ?