Installing multiple fans

JrDave2324

any suggestions for the case fans, im think of going with one quiet one and one powerful one. but i do believe my case only supports 120mm fans. now what would be the best way to arrange them? more powerful blowing air out the back and quiet blowing air in the front? or vice versa?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
any suggestions for the case fans, im think of going with one quiet one and one powerful one
Quiet: Vantec Stealth
Loud: Vantec Tornados

Tornado OUT, Stealth IN

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You are probably best off with two super fans and use a fan controller for the noise

JrDave2324

yeah thats what im starting to think....would a 92mm or 80mm Tornado fit my case though? it has 120 mm slots so would that even work?

and with the fan controller, the fans dont hook up to the PSU correct? the controller hooks to the PSU and the fans are powered off that right?

edit: i dont have a floppy drive (cuz i got one of those USB sticks), so should i go with a 3.25'' or a 5.25 fan controller

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
- You can get adapters so you can use different sized fans on certain holes.
- You are correct about the fan controllers
- As for size, it dont matter

Jimbob1989

banned
sorry were back tracking gents but I placed a post here asking where the pc was going because of the noise it would make and praetor said you'd have to be paranoid to care. I'm sure i'm not the only one in saying when your using multiple fans and you sleep in the same room, it gets really annoying after a bit. I may be wrong but it appears we are gettig a little competitive Preator.

Jimbob

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
sorry were back tracking gents but I placed a post here asking where the pc was going because of the noise it would make and praetor said you'd have to be paranoid to care. I'm sure i'm not the only one in saying when your using multiple fans and you sleep in the same room, it gets really annoying after a bit
You remember your post but you fail to remember the one that responded to it:
my computer is already too loud in my opinion

I may be wrong but it appears we are gettig a little competitive Preator
LOL sigh... read my comment about acoustic paranoia again. And then read it again. It'll make sense (i've got a sound sensitive roomate)

JrDave2324

the reason i would want to downsize is because, as i said, my case fits 120mm fans and the tornados are 80mm and 92mm.....thats why

JrDave2324

i still think i might go with either the...
Enermax Adjustable Speed 120mm Cooling fan
Max Air Flow:(CFM): 63.05~94.92
Noise(dBA): 24.60~30.10
Nominal Speed(RPM): 1800~2300

or

Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm (BLUE) LED High Performance DC fan
Max Air Flow:(CFM): 78
Noise(dBA): 21
Nominal Speed(RPM): 2000

they both seem to be great fans, but the Enermax pushes more air for only a little more noise. also i was wondering you can replace fans inside the power supply? cuz my PSU seems to be really loud, so i want to replace those fans with some more efficent ones. not sure on the size of the fans (its a 350W Antec)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
they both seem to be great fans, but the Enermax pushes more air for only a little more noise. also I was wondering you can replace fans inside the power supply?
Not sure if you can. Firstly i think they all use 25mm fans but i could be wrong, some might use the 38mm standard. Also, some have funky connectors that just dont work with normal fans ... have a look